Shop English oak counter tables with us<< Back
Sunday, March 03, 2019
Counter tables are similar to sideboards and buffets.
With these kinds of tables, the words servers, sideboards and buffets are often used interchangeably. Although the furniture has slight variations in style, on the whole, the appearance is quite similar. Counter tables can be used in versatile ways in the modern home. The pieces that we have in our stock are very elegant looking and decorative.
Take this Rare Tate Tudor English Oak Counter Table from the late 15th Century for instance. Its rich shade of dark oak gives it a classic charm with a formal appeal. Its two outer panels carved with enriched Parchemin give it a beautiful decorative appearance. This piece is in immaculate condition and can be used in versatile ways in any room.
Another great option in our collection is this Fine Charles II Oak Box/Counter Table from the 1670s. This well patinated two planked table still retains its original hinges above a panelled frieze with iron escuthcheon, standing on four turned cup and cover legs united by stretchers. This also comes in a beautiful colour with good patina. Minor restoration work has been undertaken, but otherwise in excellent condition.If you are looking for a counter table like these examples, we suggest some different ways in which they can be used in your home:
- A counter table or sideboard can sit most charmingly in your living room, dining room or even as your instant focal point in a hallway.
- These tables with their compact size and beautiful appearance make a perfect place for showcasing your ceramics, lamps, family pictures, fresh potted plants or a bowl to drop in your keys when you come home.
- They can easily create a feature along an otherwise blank wall.
- These tables make a good space for displaying your artwork, pretty vases or your family heirlooms too.
- Since the original purpose of counter tables was to serve food; these tables look fabulous in your dining for entertaining guests. Somewhere to place desert, cheese selection or your wine.